Block of the Month
Block of the Month (BOM) is a quick and easy way to learn new piecing techniques while contributing to member quilts. Each month, the BOM Committee selects a unique block/quilt pattern which the participants assemble at home and then bring to the guild meeting. The Chair will:
- Choose and coordinate Block-of-the-Month project.
- Manage membership participation.
- Collection of monies as necessary.
- Publicize at general meetings, newsletters and media.
- Transfer of information/supplies to incoming chair.
- Work with incoming chairperson for ease of transition.
- Communicate with Officers on matters concerning the Guild as needed.
- Work/communicate with members to maintain a positive Guild experience.
Block of the Month Patterns and Instructions are Happiness and here they are.
Block of the Month 2021 will be virtual due to the pandemic. We are doing a BIG BLOCK - either 24 inches or 36 inches. One block can become a table topper or a Newborns in Need or isolette baby quilt for the NICU. Or just a few multiples of a block will make a lap quilt or even a full size quilt. The blocks are found at Kitchen Sink Designs. Each month the link to the new block will be posted in the newsletter and on our Facebook page.
Here are the block patterns to download in PDF format
For more information, contact the guild through the Contact Us page.