Important Documents (members ONlY) Please contact us through the contact page if you have trouble accessing these documents:
- April 2017 Newsletter (login info is located on the back of your 2017 membership card! the 2016 login no longer works.) Please feel free to contact us for assistance) Only members who are current with their dues will receive or have access to the newsletter.
- NEW!!!!! 2017 Cobblestone Directory of Members Updated 4/5/2017. To print as booklet, Select "booklet" in the print options and if prompted with a duplex capable printer, turn on short side.
- 2017 FILLABLE Membership Form Show your guild card at Joann's and many of the local quilt stores for a 10% discount.
- Calendar of All events
Unless otherwise specified, all workshops and meetings are held at Yeaman's Park Presbyterian, 5931 Murray Ave, Hanahan, SC 29410. Meeting Program begins at 7p, but the doors are open at 6:30.
- Program - Thursday, April 6***** Please note that this is the FIRST Thursday this month.
- Speakers: Sandra Baker, Judy Twitty, and Linda Dean "Crazy Quilting"
Demos and Trunk Show by the Crazy Quilters
- Classes: None in April
See our Calendar to view all our events, or the Speaker & Workshop page for a list of all 2017 speakers and classes.
Programs & Workshops
**Meetings are the Second Thursday of the month at 7pm, with Workshops the following day (unless otherwise specified) from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM at Yeamans Hall Presbyterian Church. Anonymouse scholarships are available upon request. We have a great line-up of workshops scheduled for 2017- There is something for everyone and we hope you all will take advantage of the great teachers and classes at very reasonable prices. View the full lineup of 2017 Lectures and Worshops. Please see TAKING A CLASS - IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW AND DO!
Quilt Show 2018
Mark Your Calendars! Cobblestone Quilters Guild 2018 Quilt Show, "A Celebration of Quilts" will be held March 9th & 10th, 2018 Omar Shrine Temple Convention Center, 176 Patriots Point St., Mt. Pleasant, SC. Check the Quilt Show Page for more info including a listing of the 2018 Categories and Awards..
Pat Schneider, Quilt Show Chair, has issued a Weird Holidays and Celebrations Quilt CHALLENGE! Join the fun! More info
Each year the guild selects a Charity to support. This year we will be embracing our residents of nursing homes/facilities through a program called Quilted EMbrace. We will make wheelchair quilts 36" by 48". All quilts will go to local nursing homes. Kits to complete a quilt will be available each month or you are welcome to use your own fabrics. Labels will also be available. More information (and kits!) at the January meetingCheck the Community Outreach page for more information, or contact Karen Kendo directly or through the contact page.
Block of the Month 2017
We will be changing the BOM a bit this year.... There will be 6 months where you will receive a kit with fabric for 6 rows (yellow, orange, red, violet, blue and green), the primary and secondary colors on the color wheel. In each row, there will be 6 blocks that are 6" x6 " finished. Each month will be a different basic block (snowball, pinwheel, calico puzzle, counterpane, birds in the air and scot's plaid). The cost is only $45. THIS IS A BARGAIN!!! . At the December meeting, everyone who has finished their top is invited to bring it in for show and tell. There will be a drawing for a prize for those members who bring in their completed top.
Patterns for the 2017 BOM are available in the newsletter, and on the Block of the Month page!
Thanks to Stitch n' Sew, PPQ and Five-Eighths Seams for discounting lots of the fabric needed.
Each year the guild president challenges the guild to creat a unique quilt based on a set of guide lines. In 2017, we were directed to create a quilt based on a song from the 60's, 70's or 80's! Check out the President's Challenge page for all the details.
The guild owns many quality quilting books, dvd's, and cd's. Please access the Library page to veiw the listing of books available to guild members. Listings are provided sorted by Author OR Category. Please contact us if you would like to check out a book!
The Cobblestone Quilters Facebook Group is a great place for members to keep up with the news, and showcase your creativity! Post pictures of your projects and activities! Lets show the world our stuff! Be sure to visit and "invite" other guild members!
Consider an Ad in the Cobblestone Newsletter. As an added incentive to advertise in the newsletter, 1/4 and 1/2 page ads purchased by the year will appear on the website with links if available.
Business card $10/mo $100/yr,
1/4 page $15/mo $150/yr,
1/2 page $20/mo $200/yr.
- After the February meeting, those not current with their dues will no longer receive the newsletter until they become current.
- Newsletter: There are no paper copies of the newsletter mailed via the postal service. Newsletters will be sent via the Email service, "Mail Chimp". If you don't receive your newsletter, PLEASE check you spam box.
Please send Lisa Keenan newsletter/website updates via email by the 20th of the month.