Another great meeting in February. We are blossoming as a Guild and within the Guild just like a sunflower within a field of flowers. I really appreciate what each of you bring to the Guild as a whole! And you just keep making it better!!!! Hats off to you! We have so many days to celebrate: St. Patrick’s Day, March Madness, First Day of Spring, NATIONAL QUILTING DAY and COBBLESTONE QUILT SHOW!
- Cobblestone’s Quilt Show, Stitching Communities Together, is March 15th and 16th. I am so excited to be part of this. 😊 If you could volunteer a little of your time, please contact Mary Majestic. Tickets for the speaker, Sara Gallegos, are still available by contacting Donnita Cook. .They are both in the membership directory. Raffle tickets are still for sale for our beautiful hand appliqued quilt. What a fabulous celebration of Quilting and Fiber Art!!
- March Guild Meeting is March 2, the first Saturday of March.
- OPEN SEW AFTER THE MEETINGS ON SATURDAY. If you want to stay and are not taking the class, a classroom down the hall is available to you to sew the afternoon away with others. Work on BOM, UFO’s, or any project you want to finish. It’s like a mini-retreat afternoon so bring your slippers!!!
- Bring a 12 ands ½ inch patriotic block and get a free Quilters Treasure Raffle ticket. It’s a great way to participate in celebrating our military.
- DON’T FORGET TO BRING RECIPES FOR OUR COOKBOOK! If you are making chili or dessert for the next meeting, write the recipe down and give to me. So many people are asking for those recipes…yummy!
- Thank you Pat Schneider and Sew Suite for hosting an afternoon of sewing Quilt of Valor Blocks. And thanks to Teresa Durden of Devine, in our Sister Guild Program, for hosting a Quilt of Valor Sew Day in Columbia. We had members who attended each! Wow!
- Great class by Rick Sanchez and presentations by Linda Ambrose and Leslie Nyckel. Thank you!
- Guild Challenge…Sunflower theme using any modality. We would like them to be done in November so we can put them in categories for the voting process. Each category will have a winner and a prize.
***IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE MEETING, PLEASE FOLLOW ME TO THE PODIUM AND WATCH ME WRITE IT DOWN, SO I DON’T FORGET, OR SHOUT OUT TO ME DURING THE MEETING. I DON’T WANT ANYONE LEFT OUT!*** THIS IS YOUR GUILD AND THE BOARD IS JUST THE FACILITATOR!
See you at the MARCH 2ND meeting,
Sunflower Power, Barb