Happy Autumn to everyone! It’s hard to believe that October is already here! Where did the year go? Cobblestone has sure been busy this year and we still have so much more planned. Buckle up for a fantastic last quarter!!!
- Please turn in your Christmas stockings by the October General Guild Meeting. Many thanks to those who have already brought them. We will have a silent auction in November and the proceeds go to the Dorchester Children’s Center
- Seafaring organization project…I have already filled and wrapped 9 boxes to be dropped off at the Bohac residence from items you have generously brought to the meetings. June is hoping to bring more boxes to the meeting in October.
- You can take a box and fill it yourself or You can continue to bring items and we will box them at the November meeting
- If you have not taken raffle tickets for the Cobblestone Quilt Show quilt yet, please stop by the table and pick them up. Remember, our goal is to sell $5,000. Also, you can turn in stubs and money at the table as well. Thank you from the Show Raffle Committee!
- We received a thank you note from Royal Family Kids Camp for our donation of monies ($729) and the many quilts to their organization. “Thanks so much for the work you, and Cobblestone, have done for our kids. We had 32 foster children and I wanted to thank you for helping us make this a memorable camp. Chuck Peterson”. YOU ARE A VERY GIVING MEMBERSHIP AND IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED BY THE COMMUNITY!!!
- Don’t forget to check out the MEET OUR MEMBERS section of the newsletter and on the website. We have so many interesting members!
- If you are interested in a position on the executive board (president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary), please notify Deb Armstrong, Linda Ambrose or Cathy Spence know before the October meeting.
Benefits of Quilt Guild Membership
- Sense of Community
- Social…camaraderie with like-minded people and shopping buddies
- Friendships and support network, confidence
- Improving skills and inspiration, collaboration
- Knowledge and expertise, networking
- Speakers, classes, workshops at reduced prices (national, regional, local)
- Community participation (partnering, teaching, donating talent and items, and giving back to our local communities
- New trends and techniques
- Showcasing creations and projects (Show & Tell, Quilt Shows)
- Quilting retreats
- Participation in Guild challenges and programs
- Resources and social media to further quilting and other fiber art
- Splinter groups participation
- FUN! FUN! FUN!